Antivirus review for Linux
AV-C has published a very comprehensive report that may and does not present what would interest us most - testers were not tempted to verify the effectiveness of protection, but only presented the capabilities and functions of antivirus programs dedicated to the Linux system. Nevertheless, it is worth to read it, because the collective information about "Linux" anti-viruses is on medicine.
The 72-page document contains information on 18 antivirus programs: system requirements, program options, division into a house / company, paid / free, installation and uninstallation instructions:
- Avast File Server Security
- AVG Free Edition for Linux - free, however, it is not developed
- Bitdefender Antivirus Scanner for Unices
- Clam Antivirus - free
- Comodo Antivirus for Linux - free
- Dr.Web Anti-Virus for Linux
- eScan Anti-Virus for Linux
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Linux Desktop
- F-prot Antivirus for Linux Workstation - free, however, it is not developed
- G DATA Client Security Business
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Linux File Server
- Panda Endpoint Portection Plus for Linux
- Seqrite Antivirus for Linux
- Sophos Anti-Virus for Linux - free
- Symantec Endpoint Protection for Linux
- Trend Micro ServerProtect for Linux
Considering the low popularity of "penguin", which is extremely important in the case of creating malware and the various architecture of Windows-Linux, the latter is much less susceptible to malicious code.
So if you do not decide to install the anti-virus on Linux, make sure you follow the security instructions below:
- Make sure that the installed software is always up to date.
- Use anti-phishing tools and plugins in browsers. The vulnerability of Linux to infection is much smaller than in the case of Windows, but for phishing sites it does not matter what system you use.
- Install the software only from trusted repositories.
- Do not log in to the system as root. When installing the software, use the "sudo" tool.
- Use strong passwords - complicated, but not necessarily very long. Example: " My girl is sexy at 110%! "-" MDjsn110%! "- true that a complex and easy to remember password? Small and capital letters, numbers and special characters.
- Turn off services you do not use.
- Do not run commands in the terminal that you do not understand.
- Take care of the data and system backup.
- The installed anti-virus can be used as a scanner for transferred files between different operating systems.
Full report: http://www.av-comparatives.or…
Learn more about our offer
We use Google Cloud Translation and Gengo API’s to translate articles with exception of our comparative tests.