Archos Safe-T mini hardware wallet for storing cryptocurrencies
Designed for Bitcoin owners and other cryptocurrencies, the ARCHOS Safe-T mini hardware wallet was announced at this year's MWC in Barcelona and will be available on July 17, 2018. Its main task is to provide comfort and safety to investors and accountants using 8 different cryptographic currencies.
ARCHOS Safe-T mini supports all key cryptocurrencies: Bitcoin (BTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH), Bitcoin Gold (BTG), Litecoin (LTC), Dash (DSH), Ether (ETH), Ether Classic (ETC), ERC20 Tokens . It provides protection of funds against their theft, because private keys are stored offline on a physical medium. Conducting a transaction requires connecting the wallet to a computer, smartphone or tablet and verifying the owner's identity using a six-digit PIN code. The data of each commissioned transaction is displayed on the built-in OLED screen, and the transfer of funds requires additional approval using the physical button on the Safe-T mini. The device also provides protection against viruses and the threat of cybercriminals.
The hardware ARCHOS cryptocurrency wallet is based on open source software called Trezor. For people who have contact with this type of product for the first time, a dedicated application has been prepared to help familiarize with its functionality. ARCHOS made sure that the device was physically produced in Europe. Safe-T mini is manufactured in France by Eiffage Énergie Électronique.
ARCHOS Safe-T has been priced at 49.99 euros and will appear in pre-sale on amazon.com and in the archos.com online store in June. The shipment will be carried out from July 17. The official shop of the manufacturer will offer the opportunity to purchase ARCHOS Safe-T mini for bitcoins.
ARCHOS Safe-T mini specification
- Dimensions: 58 x 7.8 mm (diameter / thickness)
- Processor: ARM Cortex-M3 120 MHz
- Screen: OLED with a resolution of 128 x 64 pixels
- Supported cryptocurrencies (as of 26.06): Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin Gold, Dash, Ethereum, Ethereum Classic, Litecoin, ERC20 tokens (support for subsequent cryptocurrencies will be available soon)
- Communication: microUSB connector (connection for both computers and mobile devices)
- Supported operating systems: Windows / Linux / Mac OS X, Google Android
- Security: physical buttons to confirm each transaction by the user, 6-digit PIN, hardware encryption
The SRP price was set at 49.99 euros. More details are available on the product page: https://www.archos.com/en-us/products/crypto/archos_safetmini/index.html
Add new comment
Learn more about our offer
We use Google Cloud Translation and Gengo API’s to translate articles with exception of our comparative tests.