Enterprise Enterprise Anti-Virus Test
MRG-EFFITAS has tested several of the most popular antivirus solutions for medium and large companies. The test environment was virtual Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 x64 with allocated resources of 2 GB RAM, 2 cores from AMD FX 8370E CPU, one network interface and SSD. In addition, Windows Update, Microsoft Defender and Smartscreen have been disabled in Internet Explorer.
Programs in various configurations (details on pages 7 and 8 in PDF-ei) [...]
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10.2.1.23 (MR1) - default settings,
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10.2.1.23 (MR1) only with AEP,
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10.2.2.10535 (SP1) - default settings,
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10.2.2.10535 (SP1) - only with AEP,
- ESET Endpoint Security 5.0.2008.0 and ESET Endpoint Security 6.1.2109.0
- F-Secure Client Security 11.60 build 284,
- McAfee Endpoint Protection VirusScan Enterprise + AntiSpyware Enterprise
- 188.8.131.527, Siteadvisor 184.108.40.2061 and Host Intrusion Prevention 8.0,
- Microsoft System Center Endpoint 220.127.116.11 with Smartscreen enabled,
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.5 build 5337,
- Sophos Endpoint Security and Control 10.3,
- Trend Micro OfficeScan 11.0.1028,
- Trend Micro OfficeScan 11.0.1028 from Intrusion Defense Firewall 18.104.22.16814.
- exploit kits using 22 vulnerabilities (CVE),
- Java 22.214.171.124, Adobe Reader 9.3.0, Flash Player 126.96.36.199 or Flash Player 188.8.131.527, Silverlight 5.1.10411.0, Internet Explorer 8.0.7601.17514, Firefox 33.1.1, Chrome 38.0.2125.10, were exploited
- samples contained 0day exploits,
- tests were carried out manually, without automatic tools such as Metasploit Express, Metasploit PRO, Canvas, Nessus.
Here are the results that show that the most effective blocking software for exploits is a product from Kaspersky Lab. More details on vulnerabilities, exploit kits and malware dropouts in the report at: https://www.mrg-effitas.com/w…
Learn more about our offer
We use Google Cloud Translation and Gengo API’s to translate articles with exception of our comparative tests.