An interactive site that will help victims of cybernękania
Cybernękanie, that is harassment, which is done with the use of digital technology, it has become a serious problem. Every fourth child at the age from 12 to 17 years of age have experienced cybernękania in one form or another. The consequences of this phenomenon can be very serious: children become withdrawn and secretive, are suffering from their school, they can become aggressive, fall into depression, or even have suicidal tendencies.
However, even if the children fall prey to cybernękania, parents can still do a lot to help them, support them at the right moment and initiating a conversation about the issue. We want more parents had consciousness, what is cybernękanie, how to recognize the first signs and how to deal with this problem.
Although the internet is working in the digital domain, not all of the related risks can be dealt with by using only computer technology. Certain actions can not just stop or prohibit, and cybernękanie is one of them. However, is that we are not always able to protect children from this threat, does not mean that we cannot help them. Kaspersky Lab has partnered with child psychologists from all over the world to create recommendations for support to the victim of harassment online.
Lisa Wright, co-author of educational initiatives on the prevention of the cybernękaniu, Webiket.com, tells you how to deal with the problem:
"Keep in mind that building trust and carry out sincere discussions at an early stage is the first step, what you need to do in response to the incident cybernękania. The next step must be the constant monitoring of the situation and develop strategies to deal with both the problem cybernękania, and emotional state of the child ".
Here are the most important recommendation for parents of children who have experienced cybernękania or same notices over the other:
- Be ready to help your child without prejudice and judgmental. At this stage, the young man needs the acceptance of, and you need to make sure that regardless of what happens or what he did, will always be able to count on your love and support.
- Do not try to reconstruct events. In his emotionally unstable state child will be able to think rationally, so make sure that you understand the seriousness of the situation and support them all over each other.
- This is not the time to draw conclusions. Do not suggest that your child can provoke the situation, even if it really did happen. This can result in barriers to communication and call your child believe that you do not understand the problem.
- It is essential to empathy. The child must understand that you feel what it. Explain that you have noticed similar situations or experienced them-maybe not over the internet, but face to face. Emphasize that was for you very difficult and severe. Not suggest that hurt more than your child, or that you have found in themselves the strength to cope with this problem. Explain that you needed someone who will listen to You, understand and support.
- It was only when you will have the confidence of a child-and this can be a lengthy process and you should not try to force it speed up-you can start talking directly about the incident. Do not attempt to goes without saying or guess what the child is trying to say. Let him tell you about all your words. The child has the same dump with this weight.
"Cybernękanie is a complex phenomenon that requires a multi-faceted approach. Very important is the strategy of promoting the emotional state of the child. In the short term there are practical tips on how to help your child in a positive way to survive the worst time, not by actions, which can only exacerbate the problem. A long-term goal is to help the child acquire the resistance, which will be able to deal with difficult experiences, social without damage to the psyche. However, the first and the most important thing is to get by the parent the child's trust, so that you will be able to help him carry the load, and together will develop an action plan to deal with the whole situation, "advises Caron Mullen, a psychologist. issues related to the Internet, summarizing the guidelines.
Discussing taken issue, Alexander Yerofeyev, Director. marketing in Kaspersky Lab, said: "words – sincere words of love and support can help you. This is what we want to emphasize in our fight against cybernękaniu. It is not just our opinion: it shares many psychologists around the world who are involved in our campaign. Cybernękanie appears wherever there is access to the Internet – that is, all over the world. Therefore, we want to make parents around the world know how to approach this problem. "
The campaign, whose aim is to fight against the cybernękaniem, Kaspersky Lab has prepared an interactive page was http://wordscansave.me, which contains information about the nature of the problem and allows parents to learn to detect the early signs of digital violence.
Source: Statistics from a report Net Children Go Mobile, Kaspersky Lab
Learn more about our offer
We use Google Cloud Translation and Gengo API’s to translate articles with exception of our comparative tests.