A look at Bitdefender GravityZone from the technological side
At the end of May this year, Bitdefender will present a new GravityZone solution for business in Poland. Bitdefender GravityZone is a security platform designed for complex and less complex corporate networks. It is based on proven virtual infrastructure and provides a centralized platform to manage the security of endpoints - physical, virtual and mobile machines. The producer does not favor any group of enterprises - he has not forgotten about micro and small companies without IT back-up, creating protection for them, which will not require the employment of experts and purchase of specialized equipment.
The GravityZone protection consists of a local anti-virus with application behavior control, a module responsible for detecting 0-day threats, firewall, device control, phishing protection and spam for Exchange mail servers. In addition, the protection of workstations will be enriched with intelligent scanning transferred to the manufacturer's servers, which should significantly relieve the employee's computer resources.
Administrators can choose two solutions - management of components and protection functions from the web console level hosted on the manufacturer's server or on-promise local console available for almost any operating system. GravityZone allows integration by Active Directory and virtual environments XenServer and WMware, which saves time and improves implementation of the solution.
[collapse collapsed title = "Details about requirements"]
- Security for Endpoints currently protects the following operating systems:
- Workstation OS: Windows 8, 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista (SP1), Windows XP (SP3), Mac OS X Lion (10.7.x), Mac OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.x), Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9 .x)
- Windows tablet and embedded OS: Windows Embedded 8 Standard, Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry, Windows Embedded Standard 7, Windows Embedded POSReady 7, Windows Embedded Enterprise 7, Windows Embedded POSReady 2009, Windows Embedded Standard 2009, Windows XP Embedded with Service Pack 2, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
- Windows Server® OS: Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2011, Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, Windows Small Business Server (SBS) 2003, Windows Server 2003 R2, Windows Server 2003 with Service Pack 1, Windows Home Server
- Intel® Pentium compatible processor:
- Workstation Operating Systems: 1 GHz or faster for Microsoft Windows XP SP3, Windows XP SP2 64 bit and Windows 7 Enterprise (32 and 64 bit), 2 GHz or faster for Microsoft Windows Vista SP1 or higher (32 and 64 bit), Microsoft Windows 7 (32 and 64 bit), Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 (32 and 64bit), Windows 8, 800 MHZ or faster for Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 7 SP1, Microsoft Windows POSReady 7, Microsoft Windows POSReady 2009, Microsoft Windows Embedded Standard 2009, Microsoft Windows XP Embedded with Service Pack 2, Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
- Server Operating Systems: Minimum 2.4 GHz single-core CPU, Recommended: 1.86 GHz or faster Intel Xeon multi-core CPU
- Memory: Minimum free RAM: 512 MB, Recommended free RAM: 1 GB
- HDD space: 1.5 GB of free hard-disk space
- All of the GravityZone solutions are installed and managed via Control Center.
- GravityZone Control Center Requirements
- GravityZone Control Center is delivered with OVA (compatible with VMware vSphere, View), XVA (compatible with Citrix XenServer, XenDesktop, VDI-in-a Box), VHD (compatible with Microsoft Hyper-V),
- Support for other formats and may be provided on request.
The premiere of the latest generation of Bitdefender GravityZone software is expected at the end of May.
Learn more about our offer
We use Google Cloud Translation and Gengo API’s to translate articles with exception of our comparative tests.