In the MRF EFFITAS test, Kaspersky Internet Security was the only one that identified 100% of threats
In a survey conducted in Q1 2015 by English lab MRG EFFITAS, only Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 received the highest distinction - the first level certificate. All other applications either did not pass the test or scored it by getting a second level certificate.
The test procedures were designed to reflect the capabilities of the anti-virus in protection against real threats. The test used 540 threats, including 269 trojans, 119 backdoors, 51 banking Trojans, 69 ransomware, 14 PUAs and 18 others.
The test procedure assumed a blockade of malicious software before its launch. If this did not happen, a malicious file was executed and 12 hours was counted down to restart the system. If before that time the anti-virus software did not detect the threat, the operating system was restarted and another 12 hours were counted down. Considering the fact that some anti-viruses to cure the system require a restart of the computer - the test was counted, but the obtained certificate had "lower rank".
- avast! Internet Security 2015.10.0.2208.712
- AVG Internet Security 2015 Build 5645a8758
- Avira Internet Security 2014 184.108.40.2068
- BitDefender Internet Security 2015 220.127.116.119
- ESET Smart Security 8.0.304.0
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 18.104.22.1685.0.598
- McAfee Internet Security 2015
- Microsoft Security Essentials 4.7.0202
- Norton Security 2015 22.214.171.124
- Panda Internet Security 2015 15.0.4
- Trend Micro Internet Security 2015 8.0.1133
- VIPRE Internet Security 2015 126.96.36.199
- Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security 188.8.131.52
- SurfRight HitmanPro 3.7.9
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium 184.108.40.2068
Levels of Level 1 and Level 2 certificates
L1: Only Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 gained the "first level" certificate, meaning that it was characterized by trouble-free or impeccable operation while fighting malware and blocked all threats before the system was infected.
L2. BitDefender Internet Security 2015, ESET Smart Security 8, Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus 8 and SurfRight HitmanPro have received the "second level" certificate. It took 12 hours to get it and restart the system of neutralization of all threats, even those that were launched and led to the infection of the system.
"After penetrating the computer, the malicious application can be activated at any time: it can encrypt data, steal confidential information or open remote access to the system. Even if the security solution detects such activity after the malware starts working, it may be too late to save user data. That is why it is important to stop the attack as soon as possible - ideally before attempting an infection. The test results show that Kaspersky Lab's technology can effectively protect users "- said Timur Bijaczujew, director of research on protection against malware, Kaspersky Lab.
Learn more about our offer
We use Google Cloud Translation and Gengo API’s to translate articles with exception of our comparative tests.