The new version of Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.6 replaces the old version, which was withdrawn from sale
Symantec has released a new version of its Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.6 antivirus agent while simultaneously removing Symantec Endpoint Protection for Windows XP Embedded 5.1. In addition, the producer:
1. Reduced the size of the antivirus agent by approximately 85% by reducing the definition of signatures.
2. Improved the performance of Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1.6.
3. He added support for production systems for the agent: Windows Embedded Systems, Win10 and RedHat 7.0.
4. Improved system security by improving the System Lockdown module.
5. Improved antivirus alerts for network overload events.
6. Improved protection against ATP attacks - suspicious files can be sent to the manufacturer for further threat analysis.
7. Added support for FBWF (File-Based Write Filter).
The manufacturer also announces that version 12.1.6 is to replace the older solution, Symantec Endpoint Protection for Windows Embedded 5.1, which has been withdrawn from sale since June 1, 2015. Companies that continue to use version 5.1 can update them for free until October 15, 2016, because then Symantec will end the official support for Symantec Endpoint Protection for Windows Embedded 5.1.
Learn more about our offer
We use Google Cloud Translation and Gengo API’s to translate articles with exception of our comparative tests.