Old, new Avira
The German Avira, modeled by McAfee or Symantec, stops publishing the application on an annual basis. This means that subsequent versions will appear as soon as the necessary corrections or new modules have been prepared. Vintage names will probably (just like in the case of competitors) serve only as advertising.
The manufacturer presented a new edition of the popular application marked 184.108.40.2063 worldwide .
The most important changes:
1. New product naming. Respectively:
- Avira Free Antivirus
- Avira Antivirus Suite
- Avira Internet Security Suite
- Avira Family Protection Suite
- Avira Ultimate Protection Suite
- Avira Professional Security
- Avira Server Security
2. Replacing Avira Firewall with a system firewall (from Vista up).
3. Eliminate the local Backup module and replace it with free backup in the 5 GB cloud, and in the case of Avira Ultimate Protection Suite - 200 GB.
4. Introduction of the System Speedup function (most probably as a separate product), available from the Internet Security Suite version, which speeds up the operation of the operating system.
5. Advanced technical support available for paid applications.
6. A brand new Family Protection product designed to protect minors from harmful content, combining this with maximum defense against threats.
Other modules - improved, more efficient operation. The product is available only in English and German.
Learn more about our offer
We use Google Cloud Translation and Gengo API’s to translate articles with exception of our comparative tests.