A test of 15 solutions to block spam
Virus Bulletin published quarterly results from the test of 15 anti-spam solutions, which were carried out from June 23 to July 8, 2015.
- Axway MailGate 5.3.1,
- Bitdefender Security for Mail Servers 3.1.2,
- Egedian Mail Security,
- ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server,
- Fortinet Fortinet,
- GFI MailEssentials,
- IBM Lotus Protector for Mail Security,
- Kaspersky Security 8 for Linux Mail Server,
- Libra Esva 22.214.171.124,
- McAfee SaaS Email Protection,
- OnlyMyEmail's Corporate MX-Defender,
- Scrollout F1,
- Sophos Email Appliance,
- Spamhaus in three varieties,
- SpamTitan 6.00,
To check the effectiveness of spam protection, Virus Bulletin, as usual, sent unwanted messages to a configured Dell PowerEdge server, which then went through anti-spam filters of the aforementioned solutions.
From the published research results on [ this page ], we learn that more than 165,000 emails were used for the test. 156250 of them were spam, some were provided by spamfeed.me, and 327 were bulletins.
The table above shows the protection effectiveness index to the number of false alarms. The more to the right and up, the better.
Learn more about our offer
We use Google Cloud Translation and Gengo API’s to translate articles with exception of our comparative tests.