Test of 20 mobile antivirus: March 2017
In March 2017, 20 mobile security products for Android (6.0.1) were tested . The study focused on the effectiveness of protection and false alarms.
- AhnLab V3 Mobile Security 3.1
- Alibaba Mobile Security 5.1
- Anti-AVL 2.4
- Avast Mobile Security 6.0
- Baidu Mobile Security 8.4
- Bitdefender Mobile Security 3.2
- Dr.Web Security Space 11.0
- ESET Mobile Security & Antivirus 3.5
- G Data Internet Security 25.11
- Ikarus mobile.security 1.7
- Kaspersky Internet Security 11.12
- McAfee Mobile Security 4.8
- Norton Mobile Security 3.17
- NSHC Droid-X 3.0
- ONE App MAX 1.0
- PSafe DFNDR 3.11
- Secucloud Endpoint Protection v0.6.5
- Sophos Mobile Security 7.0
- Tencent WeSecure 1.4
- Trend Micro Mobile Security 8.2
To acquire a certificate, programs must meet strict requirements for the detection of malware samples. For the real-time protection test, 3135 new samples were used, and 2599 threats for Android, which were completed for testing 4 weeks before the start of the study.
AV-Test also tested the vulnerability to false alarms when installing 2123 applications from Google Play and 940 mobile programs from outside the official repository.
Learn more about our offer
We use Google Cloud Translation and Gengo API’s to translate articles with exception of our comparative tests.