Test 20 packages Internet Security for home and micro companies
Standing before the choice of antivirus software should be directed not only price, but also the efficiency and effectiveness of protection. Fortunately, with the help of come different laboratories, which tests and help take this difficult decision.
The German lab AV-antivirus TEST tested 20 solutions for home users (outside of Comodo Internet Security, which can also be installed on workstations) and micro companies. The test platform was Windows 8.1 64-bit with latest updates installed.
- AhnLab V3 Internet Security 9.0
- Avast Free AntiVirus 2016
- AVG Internet Security 2016
- Avira Antivirus Pro 15.0
- BitDefender Internet Security 2016
- BullGuard Internet Security 16.0
- Comodo Internet Security Premium 8.2
- Escan Internet Security Suite 14.0
- ESET Smart Security 9.0
- F-Secure Internet Security 2015
- G Data InternetSecurity 2016
- K7 Total Security 15.1
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2016
- McAfee Internet Security 2016
- Microsoft Windows Defender 4.8 *
- Norton Security 22.5
- Panda Free Antivirus 16.0
- Quick Heal Total Security 16.0
- Trend Micro Internet Security 2016
- Avast Internet Security 2016
Study of AV-Test is divided into three stages. The first of these is to check the effectiveness of the protection, the second performance of antivirus agent, the third of its utility, which consists of a number of locked "clean" sites and safe installers different software.
However, the most important category of research is to protect, above all, is its ability to block and remove malicious software affect "to buy or not to buy" and largely determines the choice of anti-virus application. AV-TEST simulates the scenario of the protection against online threats, including malware 0-day, attachments with e-mail, malicious Web sites and harmful files that have been moved from the external storage.
Very good efficiency of the program cannot be both redeemed too large use of hardware resources. AV-TEST in assessing the overall performance of antivirus software takes into account such factors as: download files from the Web, copying files to and from a local area network, the installation time programs, application startup time for example. Word or Excel. In turn, the usability of the programs is based on the number of generated false positive.
The results of the protection
To examine the actual efficiency and discoverability antivirus software AV-TEST test divided into two parts:
1. In the study of REAL-WORLD programs to receive the certificates have to satisfy the requirements for the detection of new, unknown malware samples. The test uses 14 samples 0-day.
2. The second phase of the research was to the static detection-programs were designed to scan over 14658 commonly known threats. This study is assessed only on the basis of hazard detection static protection mechanisms. None of the threats are not run.
The performance of the
Even the most efficient antivirus solution needs to work a certain amount of CPU and RAM resources. AV-TEST has verified the performance of programs subjecting them attempt to delay opening Web pages, download files, install and run programs, and copy the data.
The least aggravating antywirusami proved to be the company's products Avira, Bitdefender, Kaspersky, McAfee, BullGuard, Comodo, F-Secure, Norton.
The usability of the
The less antivirus "ask questions", the better fall in this part of the test. Also very good protection, but both redeemed a large number of false positives is not acceptable. AV-TEST, to check the impact of the security software on the usability of the whole computer checked by antivirus applications for false positives.
1. In the first stage tested false alarms based on the amount of blocked trusted Web sites, that were by the antivirus classified as dangerous. For this purpose we used 500 URLs.
2. In the second stage of the programs were designed to scan your 1,301,224 secure files. The more is credited against the virus by antivirus, the worse for product testing.
3. The third stage consisted in counting preventive warnings about some steps when you install and run 40 samples of virus-free software.
4. Fourth stage consisted in counting messages when installing and running applications with point 3. notify testers block safe and virus-free software.
Read the pfull report.
Learn more about our offer
We use Google Cloud Translation and Gengo API’s to translate articles with exception of our comparative tests.