Test antivirus 11 for business-August 2015
The German lab AV-antivirus TEST tested 11 anti-virus solutions for companies from the SME sector. The test platform was Windows 7, which according to statistics StatCounter is the most used operating system in the companies-claimed 65% of the market, while Windows 8 and Windows XP respectively 22% and 18%.
- BitDefender Endpoint Security 5.3
- F-Secure Client Security 12.00
- G Data AntiVirus Business 13.2
- Kaspersky Lab Endpoint Security 10.2
- Kaspersky Lab Small Office Security 15.0
- McAfee VirusScan Enterprise with the EPO 10.0
- Seqrite Endpoint Security 16.00
- Sophos Endpoint Security and Control 10.3
- Symantec Endpoint Protection 12.1
- Trend Micro Office Scan 11.0
- Microsoft System Center Endpoint Protection 4.8
Study of AV-Test is divided into three stages, which are designed to assess the effectiveness of the protection, antivirus agent performance and usability, which consists of a number of locked "clean" sites and different software installers.
However, the most important category of research is to protect, above all, she decides on the selection of protective security. AV-TEST simulates the scenario of the protection against online threats, including malware 0-day, attachments with e-mail, malicious Web sites and harmful files that have been moved from the external storage.
Very good efficiency of the program cannot be both redeemed too large use of hardware resources. AV-TEST in assessing the overall performance takes into account factors such as the downloading of files from the Web, copying files to and from the local network, the installation time programs, application startup time for example. Word or Excel.
With circle utility programs is based on the number of generated false positive.
The results of the
The protection of the
To examine the actual efficiency and discoverability antivirus software AV-TEST test divided into two parts:
1. In the study of REAL-WORLD programs to receive the certificates have to satisfy the requirements for the detection of new, unknown malware samples. The test uses a 165 samples and only solution Bitdefendera and F-Secure has detected all of them (100%). Other programs have been the result of the effectiveness of the protection at the level of 99% or less.
2. The second phase of the research was to the static detection-programs were designed to scan over 20094 commonly known threats. Best result (100%) can boast of all the solutions, in addition to the Microsoft System Center Endpoint Protection, whose 0-day threat protection leaves a lot to be desired.
The performance of the
Even the most efficient solutions require a certain amount of CPU and RAM resources. AV-TEST has proven performance solutions by subjecting them to the test delay opening Web pages, download files, install and run programs, and copy the data.
The least aggravating antywirusami proved to be products of Kaspersky Lab and Trend Micro.
The usability of the
The less antivirus is pushy for the employee, the better. Not everyone is interested in the security of computers and do not always understand the virus messages. Also very good protection, but both redeemed a large number of false positives is not acceptable.
AV-TEST, to check the impact of the security software on the usability of the whole computer checked applications for false positives.
1. In the first stage tested false alarms caused by a blockage in the block the opening "clean" sites. For this purpose we used 500 URLs.
2. In the second stage of the programs were designed to scan the 1,534,348 clean files. The more he antivirus software virus against the pure, the worse for it.
3. The third stage consisted in counting the false warnings about some of the activities performed during the installation and use of the 41 samples of legitimate software.
4. Fourth stage consisted in counting the fake messages informing about blocking software or its components during the installation of the same application, which in the third stage.
The full report is at this link: https://www.av-test.org/en/an…
Learn more about our offer
We use Google Cloud Translation and Gengo API’s to translate articles with exception of our comparative tests.