A test in which none of the anti-viruses has obtained the "first level" certificate
MRG EFFITAS has just released a report that contains the results of the Real-World test, which is a study that reflects the actual effectiveness of the tested applications in blocking malware during everyday computer use.
The test was carried out in Q2 2015. The tested Internet Security packages were designed to detect and block threats downloaded by the Internet Explorer browser (512 samples, which included 268 Trojans, 41 backdoors, 110 data stealing viruses, 63 ransomware, 21 PUAs and 9 others).
The test procedure assumed a blockade of malicious software before its launch. If this did not happen, a malicious file was executed and 12 hours was counted down to restart the system. If before that time the anti-virus software did not detect the threat, the operating system was restarted and another 12 hours were counted down. Considering the fact that some anti-viruses to cure the system require a restart of the computer - the test was counted, but the obtained certificate had "lower rank".
Levels of L1 and L2 certificates
L1: None of the tested programs has been awarded the "first level" certificate, which is undoubtedly a reward for the manufacturer. Such software is characterized by trouble-free or impeccable operation while fighting malware.
L2. The lower level certificate was obtained only by Kaspersky Internet Security, ESET Smart Security, SurfRight HitmanPro and Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus . It took 12 hours to get it and restart the neutralization system for all threats, even those that were started and led to the system being infected.
The rest of the anti-virus applications did not pass the test.
- avast! Internet Security 2015. 10.3.2225
- AVG Internet Security 2015 Build 5941
- Avira Internet Security 2015 184.108.40.2062
- BitDefender Internet Security 2015 220.127.116.111
- ESET Smart Security 8.0.312.0
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 18.104.22.1681 (c)
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 22.214.171.1242
- McAfee Internet Security 2015
- Microsoft Security Essentials 4.7.205
- Norton Security 2014 126.96.36.199
- Panda Internet Security 2015 15.1.0
- SurfRight Hitman Pro 3.7.9 Build 240
- Trend Micro Internet Security 2015 8.0.1133
- VIPRE Internet Security 2015 188.8.131.52
- Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security 184.108.40.206
Learn more about our offer
We use Google Cloud Translation and Gengo API’s to translate articles with exception of our comparative tests.